Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sometimes I wonder

Sometimes I wonder if people are stupid or if they just were poorly educated. In our modern day, "there," "their," and "they're" have become nearly synonymous outside of academic circles. I can just go on Facebook and scroll through just a few people's status updates and see complete disregard for punctuation and spelling. I realize we live in a fast paced world but I feel like we're moving more towards "hide yo kids hide yo wife" then we are towards an intellectual society. That's not to say I want to live in a society of stuck up snobs who flaunt their brain cells like bling around their neck, but our society has got to pass time with something deeper than that stupid double rainbow video.

Also, I know this makes me sound like a complete jerk, so if you're reading this and you don't know me very well, just know that I just kinda like to rant about dumb things in life and aside from being a somewhat critical and sarcastic person, I'm actually somewhat nice. That very well may be a run-on sentence but I'm not that much of a grammar nazi to care about it. I would just like to see an apostrophe between I and m, it and s, and you and re. I mean, come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment