Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

"Living with somebody you love can be lonelier than living entirely alone when the one you love doesn't love you."

"With my eyes closed, I just see you."
"You'll make out fine, your kind always does."

"I'm not living with you. We occupy the same cage, that's all."

"I don't mind making a fool of myself over you."

"You can be young without money, but you can't be old without it."

"People like doing what they used to do, after they've stopped being able to do it."

"How does one drowning man help another drowning man?"

"You won't live with mendacity? Well, you're an expert at it! The truth is pain and sweat and payin' bills and makin' love to a woman that you don't love any more. Truth is dreams that don't come true, and nobody prints your name in the paper 'til you die."

"Mendacity is a system we live in." 

"Sometimes I wish I had a pill to make people disappear."

"It was the Cotton Bowl, sister woman."

"You can't buy love! I don't want things!"

"But, there's one thing you can't buy at any European fire sale, or any other market on Earth. That's your life. You can't buy back your life when it's finished."

"The men who build empires die, and empires die, too."

"I don't know what to believe in. Now what's the good of livin' if you've got nothin' to believe in? There's gotta be some, some purpose in life, some meanin.' Look at me. For the sake of God, look at me before it's too late. For once in your life, look at me as I really am. Look at me. I'm a failure. I'm a drunk. On my own in the open market, I'm not worth the price of a decent burial."

"You... you got pain - at least you know you're alive. It's easin' somewhat now. When you got pain, it's better to judge yourself of a lot of things. I'm not gonna stupify myself with that stuff. I wanna think clear. I want to see everything, and I want to feel everything. Then I won't mind goin'. I've got the guts to die. What I want to know - do you have the guts to live?"

"Ain't nothing more powerful than the odor of mendacity...you can smell it. It smells like death." 

Good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment