Sunday, October 3, 2010

"But I will hold on hope, And I won't let you choke On the noose around your neck"

Lately I've been really into Mumford & Sons, thanks to my brother Tim. They've got a lot of elements that my favorite bands have but have some new interesting stuff to bring to the table (banjo, mandolin, accordion in indie rock that isn't polarizing). Plus, their lyrics have a lot of themes and ideas that I've been thinking about lately.

Anyway, the Braves pulled out a win today and the Giants beat the Padres, so the Braves clinched the Wild Card!! I was afraid they wouldn't get it done when the Padres tied it up yesterday but I guess the Braves had it in them to pull it out for ol' Bobby Cox.

I also won my Fantasy Football game in my main league and still have my Qb left to play. That's always nice.

On top of those two awesome things, I also got to hang out with and talk to some friends, so overall it was a great day.


To close, I offer lyrics from Mumford & Sons' song After the Storm:

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair. "

No comments:

Post a Comment