Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"So you can put a blue ribbon on my brain" / Pride

So The National is an awesome band. I got the rest of their album "High Violet" today and it's awesome and I am right now listening to their album "Boxer." They've got a sort of haunting melody about them and some really interesting lyrics. It's hard to describe why I like them so much, go listen for yourself.

Anyway, tonight at bible study I was challenged about the situation with that douche at work. Instead of trying to just tolerate him while I think bad thoughts about him, I think God is kind of providing me an opportunity to learn patience and humility. The guy is a douche, he's younger than me, he's arrogant, and he has me do stuff while he does nothing or hits on the good looking girl on our shift. However, he's not more sinful than I am. And in this situation, I think I need to learn some humility, to learn to love this guy even if he aggravates me, and need to be respectful and attentive because though he is younger and more immature, he's still higher up in the job. Gosh, I don't want to love this guy. I would love to just punch him in the nose and call him out. However, I'm commanded to love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me. In fact, this all reminds me of two verses I read in Proverbs yesterday:
"If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirst, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you." Proverbs 25: 21-22

I hope and pray God gives me the strength and patience to learn from this situation and to act rightly here, it's gonna be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment