So tonight I was talking to my best female friend about this girl I like, who happens to be her best female friend, and she was telling me how the girl is kind of care free and apathetic and things mean a lot more to me than they do to her. In response to this, I decided to wrote a poem/song lyrics about her carefree personality. It tails off at the end (no pun intended...ok maybe just a little) 'cause I lost my train of thought but oh well.
My love was a bird, as pretty as ever I’d seen.
She’d dart between hearts, feathers falling in between.
And upon the wind, to me she sang a sweet tune,
But as November roses, her passion faded soon.
With not a care in the world, she took to the sky,
And with lover’s hearts below, she danced and would glide.
Her feathers they glistened and she knew that they did,
Her glimmer the reason the clouds from me hid.
Spring, it is coming, with hope and rebirth
And a new scale to measure and give us our worth.
For beauty fades and sweet songs go mute,
My love does not fly, it follows a new route.
No comments:
Post a Comment