A lot of the time I feel a major disconnect from those around me. Whether it's when people share their testimonies of how God saved them from "the muck and mire of the sandbox" (as one of my professors says) to people's taste to just people themselves. With 90% of people, I fail to understand how they find certain jokes funny, certain bands good, or certain movies worth watching. I don't get how people can find some sort of deep emotional connection when listening to Rascal Flatts or watching a romantic comedy. I get people are different and have different tastes, but I just feel like sometimes I'm even more different than most people.
I'm pissed off right now. I won't get into specifics but just a little while ago I found that a friendship that I've committed a lot to means very little to the other person. I found out how my friend's care hangs on by a thread so thin that it feels like a strong breeze might make it snap. This will sound selfish and arrogant but I've tried very hard to love this other person and while there was a bit of selfishness there (love to get love), I did want this person's good at heart. However, they don't feel the same. All this is vague but I don't feel like being specific 'cause if I do, it'll turn into a profanity-laced rant of self-pity and anger.
No comments:
Post a Comment