Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Come on, Dover, move your bloomin' arse!"

I'm writing this while watching My Fair Lady, hence the blog title. There's a lot of good quotes I could've chosen but this is the most fun. I particularly like the song about letting a woman in your life, and I actually got up to dance during the song about just a little bit of luck. I used to watch this movie a lot when I was a kid so this brings back memories. I think my parents raised me with just the right appreciation for musicals like West Side Story, My Fair Lady, and Oklahoma, without going too far and making one of those weird musical-loving guys who leans towards being metro.
Also, this musical is really good. The songs are great and it says a lot about both male and female pride and a couple other interesting things as well.

I watched Citizen Kane for the second time last night and I think this summer when I have more time I'm gonna rewatch it with pen & paper and take a lot of notes on it 'cause that's how influential and interesting it is. There's so many deep themes touched on that it's hard to specifically pinpoint individual ones.

Man, it's been a long time since I updated here. Part of the reason for my absence has been busyness of life and school as well as a lack of time to work out thoughts and emotions into blog-appropriate sentences. I'm on break so I might update once or twice this week, and depending on how some things play out this weekend, I may blog more then as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment