Monday, October 10, 2011

"I want a girl who'll laugh for no one else"

It's been an odd day. I woke up, did some reading and stuff, went to work at 3 for two hours and then clocked out and went to Southeastern's cookout to help there. That took about two and a half hours and it was bittersweet. Sweet 'cause I got to help out and had a good time but bitter because I didn't get to talk to Girl C at all. I saw her once or twice helping out in different places but I never got the chance (had the courage) to just go up and talk to her. After helping clean up and then having a relay race with the rest of the staff and volunteers (except Girl C who left early) on the inflatables (which my team won), I started to get the feeling of lonely sorrow, the kind that makes me want to listen to Brand New and sulk about how "I'll never get anything right" and "I'm on my own." I listened to them on my drive home and got home and decided I'd watch Crazy Heart 'cause I've been saving it for a night when I need a pick me up. Well, I got on Twitter and saw that Girl C had tweeted me a teasing comment about something I had said, so that brightened by day immensely. Then I saw a trailer on the Crazy Heart disc for this movie called Adam, which is about a guy with asperger's syndrome who meets a girl and has trouble relating and connecting with her but it looked happy and all and since I relate to the whole not-connecting thing, I decided to go rent that. Long story short, I drove to Blockbuster listening to Weezer (hence the lyrics for blog title), found the movie and also bought Toy Story 3 for $8, so that's awesome. I'm a much better mood now as I start the movie. I guess sometimes the momentary sorrow just has to be outlasted.

So for three start gatherings (or events?) I've hoped to try and see / talk to Girl C and for the third straight time she's either not been there or has been busy and left early. I've got one more shot to talk to her this week and that's Wednesday night. A midterm lies between then and now, but thankfully so does tomorrow night's Thrice show :)

I guess there's not much else to say, so I think i'll focus on this movie and end here. Or maybe here. Here? Ok fine, hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment