Friday, October 7, 2011

In love with the potential

Tonight while walking to and from Southeastern's library after my Personal Finance hybrid ended for the night, I was thinking about U2's City of Blinding Lights and the things I hope for in a future relationship. Specifically I was thinking of the potential that could happen with Girl C, how we could go for frozen yogurt, get chick-fil-a, take walks in the nature park and around campus, and all this other stuff. This got me thinking of a line in Death Cab for Cutie's song "I Will Possess Your Heart" that says "How I wish you could see the potential, the potential of you and me. It's like a book elegantly bound but in a language that you can't read."
I've "fallen" for the potential of a relationship before. With Girl A, I was so hopeful at all the potential we had that it pushed what I thought I was feeling farther than what I was really feeling. I really don't want that with Girl C. I'm thinking of this a lot more seriously than I have ever thought of a relationship before and with that comes the battle over realism and romanticism. At heart I'm a romantic but there's miles of realist track between my heart and my mind. That said, that's a post for another day since I have my hybrid in the early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment