My Mac dictionary defines "Disillusionment" as "a feeling of disappointment resulting from the discovery that something is not as good as one believed it to be." This is the second weekend in a row when, at the end of the day, I'm disillusioned. I won't get into specifics but twice in the past week I've had hopes/idealistic plans for something to go in a certain direction and for the second time in a week, my idealistic desires faded with the warm weather. I think sometimes I, and maybe others too, get a certain idea/hope for how something will go and when it doesn't, it's draining. When it goes completely different, it's almost numbing. Oh well, I still am blessed beyond understanding.
I'll end with a song that's helping me right now...
I'm on the run
I'm on the ropes this time
Where is my song?
I've lost the song of my soul tonight
Sing it out
Sing it out
Take what is left of me
Make it a melody
Sing it out
Sing out loud
I can't find the words to sing
You'd be my remedy
My song
My song
I'll sing with what's left of me
Where is the sun?
Feel like a ghost this time
Where have you gone?
I need your breath in my lungs tonight
Sing it out
Sing it out
Take what is left of me
Make it a melody
Sing it out
Sing out loud
I can't find the words to sing
You'd be my remedy
My song
My song
I'll sing with what's left of me
I'm holding on
I'm holding on to you
My world is wrong
My world is a lie that's come true
And I fall in love
With the ones that run me through
When all along all I need is you
Sing it out
Sing it out
Take what is left of me
Make it a melody
Sing it out
Sing out loud
I can't find the words to sing
You'd be my remedy
My song
My song
My song
I'll sing with what's left of me
No comments:
Post a Comment