Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This is dope / I think of you

I'm sitting here in the third floor of Patterson at my usual between-classes-spot and I'm procrastinating finishing my Brit Lit reading of Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Thanks to Relevant Mag's Twitter feed, I found this fun little remix. It is pretty dope indeed. 
I also just wrote up a quick little poem. As usual it ranges from whatever to thumbs down, but writing it somewhat helped me express some things I've got in my heart and mind right now.

i think of you

When the fruit is so sweet but the meal fades quickly,
i think of you.
When the stars gleam in the sky then hide behind the clouds,
i think of you.
When bravery hangs futile off the coat of my fallen armor,
i think of you.
When the warm summer breeze dries my cascading tears,
i think of you.
When all that binds my burdened heart is a thread of hope,
i think of you.
When the treasure i’ve forever sought shimmers before my eyes,
i think of you.
When the sand of the shore falls vainly between my fingers,
i think of you.
When I look at my soul’s mirror and all i see is my own cowardice,
i think of you.

When the leaves fall from the trees with a promise of rebirth,
i think of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment