Thursday, November 4, 2010

The old man is snoring

It's raining today, which kind of cancels out the beauty of fall weather since I don't really have a desire to be outside in the pouring rain. It's also not helping me do my Brit Lit reading of Robert Browning, 'cause I don't want to read poetry right now, i want to sleep. However, in my procrastination, I wrote up a little something. As usual, it's not any good but I'm bored and I feel like posting something more substantial to me than quotes from a movie. So here it is:


Last Shining Day

Rain, rain, go away, go water someone else’s pain
And let it grow to 6 feet tall, then drown it out and let it fall.
You water the weeds, you water the grass; you water us down and then tear through our mast.
You’ve simply gone too far now; we can’t fight the current that’s breaking the bow.
It’s in you, rain, that I see my own sins, are you here to wash ‘way our needles and pins?
Or can we expect the sun to shine through, and maybe give light to grasp the deeds that you do?
Maybe through pain we see as we should, and begin to comprehend Heav’n's highest Good.
So let the rain fall, wash away if it may, for the Sun has not shined its last shining day.

No comments:

Post a Comment