Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whirlwind

The past 48 hours or so have been a whirlwind. My friend Alyssa's sister Jessica was hospitalized with a brain tumor yesterday and after a lengthy surgery this afternoon through to this evening, the doctors got rid of the tumor and she's okay! God is good, very good. When Alyssa called me yesterday and told me what was going on, I had no idea how much this would affect me. I know that sounds horribly self-centered, but before now I'd never been so close to such a heavy situation. Alyssa and I drove to the hospital and I saw Jessie and spent time with the whole family and saw how much it was affecting them all and God really pulled on my heart. I had trouble sleeping 'cause I couldn't stop thinking and hoping about the situation and classes this morning just seemed to have no significance at all. Tonight at Bible study I was barely able to think of anything but the surgery and I kept hoping my phone would vibrate and I'd be getting news that Jessie was okay. After we finished praying Zach called me and told me she had gotten out of surgery and that they'd removed the tumor and she was in recovery. God is so very good. I've never been so invested in a situation like this nor have I seen the power of prayer and the goodness of God so evident in the lives of so many people around me.

"Shout for joy, you heavens;
   rejoice, you earth;
   burst into song, you mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
   and will have compassion on his afflicted ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment