After talking with some of my friends tonight, I see how blessed I am to have the parents I have. There are so many broken families out there torn apart by abuse, unfaithfulness, and many other kinds of sin, yet I've got parents who have raised me well, have been faithful to each other and to me and my brother, and have loved me since birth. They've haven't always been what I wanted but they've been what I needed. God has blessed me, may I never forget the magnitude of it all.
If anyone is actually reading this, please be thankful if you are blessed with good parents and if you aren't, the only lasting, faithful love that can heal your wounds is the love of Christ. I can't stress this enough. Only until you understand how much of the creator of the universe loves you despite all your faults and problems, you'll forever be seeking to fill the voids of life through people, possessions, and experiences. It is all meaningless in the light of the eternal God.
No comments:
Post a Comment