Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Post #60

Momentous? Nah.


I should be studying for my History of Ideas exam but instead, I wanted to write a poem/song/lyric/collectionofthoughts. It's not much but it's an idea that I've been thinking about tonight. The idea is how as humans we often seem to look at God as if he owes us something, like we give purpose to a meaningless life or something. I don't know about others but I know I'm horribly and despicably vain 90% of the time and these thoughts about God are evidence of that.


Anyway, I have to try and study, so here is my work in progress:


Knuckles Grow Pale

Drip the hot water so the pipes won’t freeze.
Beg for mercy; reach up from your knees.
Return to the cycle of hatred and begging.
God is merciful,
Even though he doesn’t have to be.

Search for your treasure; there find your heart.
You’ll never know warmth if you won’t nurture a spark.
Run farther away and embrace your prodigal life.
God is forgiving,
Even though he doesn’t have to be.

Build up your walls with adobe and fear.
Give strength to your doubts and your distrust here.
Let your knees shake and your knuckles grow pale.
God is faithful,
Even though he doesn’t have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment