The Die Hard movies are classic man movies. Thanks to a Christmas gift from my friend Connor, I've got #s 1 and 2 to add to my collection. I already had Live Free or Die Hard, so now all that remains is for me to get Die Hard With A Vengeance and I'll be set.
These movies are enjoyable because John McClane isn't some muscle-bound Rambo character. He's an everyday cop with family problems, a sharp wit, and some awful bad luck at times. While there are some unrealistic parts throughout the films (Car>helicopter? Really??), overall they are relatively believable. The movies are also just plain fun. The good guys beat the bad guys, McClane makes his usual sarcastic jokes, and at the end things tie up nicely.
I can't remember if it was Mike & Mike or some other ESPN Radio host who said that Die Hard is his favorite Christmas movie, but whoever it is has decent, albeit odd, taste in movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment