Friday, September 23, 2011

Goin' good

Things have been going really well for me this week. School hasn't been too overbearing, work has been good, I saw the Lion King last night (it was great) and on Wednesday I had a completely amazing night at the Fleet Foxes show with friends (including Girl C).
I haven't journaled this yet but I guess this post will be a trial run for that. Wednesday night was easily the best night I've had in a long time. My enjoyment of the night as a whole reminded me of when I saw U2 a couple years back. Both nights, I was just on a whole other level of joy, I had a lot of fun, I connected with a friend, and when I got home, my body wanted sleep but my mind was wide awake. On Wednesday, I went over to my friends' (the OD college leader and his wife) house and then went with them and Girl C to get some dinner downtown and then go to the show. We went to a Mediterranean place and then to Starbucks so the two women could get pre-show lattes. So far, really good time. Then we got to the venue and despite the lame security people not letting me take my umbrella into the place, we got there smoothly. Thankfully, I got to sit next to Girl C and we got to talk a lot during the night and even though it began to pour rain and the show got cancelled 1/3 of the way through, it was amazing. We joked, got to know each other a bit, had fun, and just had a great time making a memory. Since the next day was her birthday, I decided to buy her one of the band's cds and I guess she loved it, so that made me feel even more glad (gladder? haha). After the show was cancelled, we went back to the couple's home, put on some dry clothes, and then spent an hour or so talking and having hot tea together. Wow. It was a phenomenal yet simple way to end a fantastic evening. God is so good and so gracious.

Now, I didn't intend to blog about my awesome night but it just kinda turned into that 'cause I haven't really told the whole story to anyone yet. My main reason for coming to blog right now was because I think that when life seems to be goin' good, it's really hard for me to be motivated to get things done, like school. When I'm lonely or having a crappy week, it's somewhat easy for me to get things done because I figure that I'm already in a negative place, so doing school won't dampen it any more. However, when things are going well, I don't want to take a bunch of time to read stuff I don't want to read or do assignments I don't want to do. Instead, I really just want to talk to Girl C. However, my insecurity is rearing its ugly head yet again and I'm afraid to tweet or FB her today since I talked to her a little yesterday for her birthday and I'm afraid of pushing something that isn't there.
Anyway, time for an abrupt ending to this post because the mail is here and my Dexter season 5 disc 1 from Netflix (or should I say Qwikster? Lame.) is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment