Saturday, September 24, 2011

With all this time on my hands

You'd think I was a watchmaker. Ba-dum-ch!

But yeah, I've been updating this a lot lately, probably because of the events and emotional stuff going on in my life. I just changed the subheader of the blog from "Something dies when you grow older but you do the best you can," a line from one of my favorite Brand New songs, Untitled 1 (Good Man), to "I've got vices like any other man, vices that you're not used to, vices that will make you think less of me" from one of my all-time favorite songs, Vices by Dead Poetic. I did this because I'm trying to be less dark and cynical about the future and while Good Man is a beautiful song that speaks to me a lot, I'm trying to hope that there is more luster in my life in the coming days then there is sorrow and bitterness. That said, I'm not forsaking my realist mind. Vices isn't really any better but it's more honest and describes me as a person more. I'm not really sure how but I'd like to include the final lines of the song that make it beautiful, "Oh but Jesus, I've got vices like any other man. Vices that you're so used to, vices that won't make you think less of me." It's a song about our complete brokenness as humans, as seen in the chorus adorning my front page, being overcome by the beautiful grace of God through Jesus. Even if I don't figure out a way to include that final chorus in the blog heading, I'll be okay with just having We Are Beggars All, a line from a great Thrice song about the grace of God, as the main header.

I guess it's on to the rest of my day. Reading, wasting time, work, Wvu game. This is me doing "best [I] can."

No comments:

Post a Comment