Saturday, September 24, 2011

An interesting quote from a bitter old woman

I'm watching a movie called Ship of Fools that was in a collection of movies I got last week at Big Lots for $5. It's about a bunch of different people and what goes on during their time aboard a ship traveling from Spain to Germany after WWI. Anyway, this quote is from a bitter, cynical woman who has been through the ringer and back and is becoming friends with a young, idealistic girl who is on the ship with her boyfriend.

The girl paints a picture of her boyfriend, shows the woman, and says "You can see I'm in love." This is the woman's response:
"Oh, of course. Everybody on this ship is in love. Love me whether or not I love you. Love me whether I am fit to love. Love me whether I am able to love. Even is there is no such thing as love. Love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment