Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hopefully the final verse

I've finally moved on from Girl A. It's been coming for a while but only in the past few days have I seen her name or her face and not felt any sort of care for her. I'm not really bitter either. There was never a real future for us anyway, so her not returning my affections turns out to be a blessing. Plus, I may be on the brink of a something very good. Regardless, I've added another verse to my little song/poem/collectionofletters, Continuation. Each verse is about a girl I liked but ended up moving on from and it turned out to be good for me each time. Here it is:


You were a flower in a bouquet of thorns
A soothing whisper ‘mongst all the world’s scorns.
I thought not to have you would be a great sin,
But now I’m free from you, oh once darling Lynn.

Though the wasted hours pile high as a mountain,
I have found continuation.

You wore a golden smile with brushed golden hair
You seemed a chain breaker of my weary cares.
But oh once beloved Rebecca, you don’t know
How our parting left me ‘neath the undertow.

Though the wasted hours pile high as a mountain,
I have found continuation.

Oh, the plans I made for us, my dearest Anne
Have gone so awry for this mouse of a man.
Now we are no more, so what shall I do?
I must learn to walk on living life without you.

Though the wasted hours pile high as a mountain,
I have found continuation.

You knew how to hit and you knew how to miss
You knew how to imprint, oh once winsome Lyss.
But enough is enough; no more will I try
To have what is lacking: a 'love' that’s a lie.

Though the wasted hours pile high as a mountain,
I have found continuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment