Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dang

It's been over a month since I last posted here. Maybe all my deep thoughts/ponderings only come about during the school semester. Or maybe I've just been busy and tired and not really had a lot of time to do deep thinking. It's probably a mix of both.

Not much is going on in my life right now. I'm mulling over possible directions to take in my life, thought earlier I was thinking about how everybody seems to expect everyone else to have a direction in life. People always ask me what I want to do or what I want to major in or where I want to go and for a while it's been "I don't know." I guess most people are just making conversation because they want to fill the empty void we aptly call silence but I still wonder why everyone always just expects progress and direction. My favorite band, Thrice, has a lyric in one of their songs that goes, "true progress means matching the world to the vision in our heads." Is it so crazy and abnormal that I don't really have some special vision in my head? I don't really have a whole lot of goals or aspirations in my life. I'd like to get married some day to a beautiful women with whom I am in love, I'd like to be where God wants me to be and will use me and the things he has blessed me with, and I want to learn to be content. Honestly, past all that, I don't really have a lot in my head. Is a lack of ambition a generational thing or am I just the exception to the rule?

No comments:

Post a Comment