People respond to extremes. People respond when you're really happy, like when you post a Facebook status all about how something awesome happened and you're so excited and you use exclamation points and a smiley face. People respond when you're really struggling or in a dark mood and you're not afraid to show it by posting sad song lyrics or something as your status. However, I feel like I get lost in the in-between of being "just okay." People don't really pay much attention to mediocre, to the people caught in the middle. People take notice if you're either jumping up and down on land or you're drowning in the water, but very little attention is given to the ones who are simply treading water. That's how I feel a lot. I'm really blessed in most areas of my life, which keeps me afloat when i am plagued by sin, insecurity, pride, lust, hatred, and fear. I don't have everything together like some people nor do I live in the remnants of shambles either. I am lost in the in-between.
Part 2 of this will be quick 'cause I have to be up in 6 or so hours. Zoinks. Anyway, it's a weird feeling to be replaced, especially when you've let it happen willingly. As I've tried to move on and distance myself from Girl A, she's started to become friends with this guy from another church who, like me, is cynical, negative, and somewhat funny. From what I've gathered, they've been texting and fb-ing a bit lately, much like her and I used to do. In one sense, I'm okay with being replaced. By her having a new friend to make her laugh and feel better about herself, she won't need me even when I come crawling back because I'm lonely and want some sort of connection. In another sense though, it kinda sucks. I used to be the one who kept her optimism grounded and also made her laugh. As times change, so do feelings and relationships alike. The quoted line in the title is part of a good line from an As Cities Burn song. The full line, which I just put as my FB status, goes like this:
"Automated exchanges make us not lovers,
But feigners, we are only strangers."
No comments:
Post a Comment