Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"My dad always said there's only one time a man should be in a hurry: When the cops are coming up the stairs"

I'm laying on my couch watching Guys & Dolls (quote from Marlon Brando's character, Sky Masterson) and doing some thinkin'. It's a classic musical and I haven't seen it in a while, so I'm certainly enjoying myself.

Tonight I've been doing some thinking about relationships and I'm thinking that maybe God is showing me that I'm not supposed to have a simple relationship. What I mean is this. I'm getting over Girl A but for a while I've thought us having a relationship would be so great because it fit so simply. We live within miles of each other, work in the shopping center area, and go to the same church. A lot of things seem like they would easily fall into place if we were to date or whatever. Another example would be that I work with a girl who I find to be very attractive and despite some characters flaws, she seems to have a pretty good personality. This too seems like it would be simple for me. We work together, she's homeschooled as I was, she goes to a local church, and from what I can tell she likes music more than an average teenage girl. Both these situations would work out simply for me if there was anything between us (but there's not since they both have their own things going on). I've been thinking about this all a lot lately and now I'm thinking that maybe because relationships are hard work, I'll have to work to find someone and maybe it won't be a relationship that works like a piece of a puzzle easily falling into place.

Oh well, that's about all I've got to say for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment