I'm sitting on my couch watching Scarface and now writing this blog. Tony Montana (aka Scarface) just said an awesome quote. "All I have in this world are my balls and my word and I don't break 'em for no one." Haha it's both funny and epic.
Anyway....the past few days I've been looking over old journal entries from about three years ago when I started journaling. It's pretty crazy to be able to look back at my 15/16 year old self. Back then I was pretty messed up over liking a girl based almost solely on physical attraction and it took me a very long time to move past her. She actually played a part in my road to salvation because some was a part of the many things that drove me into anger, pain, and loneliness, where God then raised me up and showed me love and hope in a world that greatly lacks both. This is also where my cynicism began but also where my hope in Christ began. I think what I'm going to do is read an entry each night as the semester progresses just so I can remember where I've been and be able to contrast it with where I am at now. This is looking like it could be a really useful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment