I don't do well in crowds. It's not that I'm claustrophobic or that I'm uncomfortable around large groups of people, it's just that I don't feel like I fit in with most people. I'm not entirely anti-social but since I struggle with caring about other people, I don't usually make much of an effort to step out of my comfort zone to talk to people I don't know. Tonight, I went to a "church fair" at Southeastern where all the local churches set up booths to meet new students and all I did the whole time I was there was stand near the Open Door booth and do nothing. I didn't really talk to anyone new, I didn't talk to any of the other Open Door people since I don't know many of them very well, and I just left without saying goodbye to anyone because I hadn't really said hello to anyone.
This is the reason that two of my closest friends leaving really sucks. It takes me a while to warm up to people and even longer to be open and close with them. I'd known both of them for 7 years and only in the past couple had I really gotten close to the one who I'm good friends with. And romantically, it took a number of months and her seeming to care and be interested for me to be open and honest with Girl A. I'm just not good with people
No comments:
Post a Comment