Heart of Darkness wasn't as moving as I had hoped it would be. It was interesting and there were some quotes I liked, but the Kurtz was hardly involved and there weren't as many profound thoughts as I've seen in Apocalypse Now, which I am re-watching (#3) right now.
I want to know people's motivation for doing things. For instance, a girl I know posted a FB status about her plan for evangelism tomorrow, then said "God prepare my heart. may i decrease so that you may increase in me." I really wanna know the motivation behind this and so many other things that people do. Is this girl sharing her prayer to God to encourage other people? To present herself in better light to others? Just saying it for the sake of saying it? I don't know but this is another instance of when I am really curious as to someone's motivation. Why do people post specific song lyrics to their statuses? I know I post them because I either just really like the lyric, am really impacted by it, or want it to communicate something to everyone or to someone specific (like, I dunno, a girl I may like? haha) Do other people have the same reasons? Motivations are an interesting idea which, alike many, I would like to understand better.
No comments:
Post a Comment