Saturday, January 29, 2011

In Progress

So the past month or so, I've really started to take on a pessimistic, cynical, faithless-in-people sort of view. Now, I believe that there is real hope in Jesus Christ but as for all of us sinners in this world, I find it more and more difficult to have faith. I say this because I am and have been in the process of writing a poem of sorts about how I feel, what I see around me, and the hollowness of this fractured world. Now, it's not done  and I don't even know when or even if it will ever be done, but I was just adding to it and I felt like talking about it here. Ever since I read T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men for British Literature last semester, it's been a huge poem for me. Parts of it really nail some of my feelings about mankind and this, along with Eliot's The Wasteland, have been sort of inspiration for this poem. So much so that at the moment I'm titling it Wasteland and at the bottom of the word document I put a revised version of something from The Hollow Men. Now, all this is pretty silly and I know I can't write poetry with the skill of T.S. Eliot, but writing makes me feel like I'm doing something, anything, instead of just wasting away. Writing usually helps me express thoughts or emotions I normally have trouble expressing and some of the time it helps me figure out myself and other people as well. Anyway, I wanna get some sleep since I may be subbing in the nursery tomorrow at church and then there's a possible game of football to be played, so I ought to rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment