Friday, January 14, 2011

Untitled

So on my way to pick up my dad from the airport tonight, I started thinking of a lyric which I began to sing and piece together. That eventually led to me writing more lines, which led to about 4 stanzas of a "song." It's not finished, I'm not really sure where I'm going with it, and I don't have a title (yet), but here it is anyway.





If kings and queens still ruled
Maybe peace would reach our land.
But still we walk; then sink
Beneath the hourglass’ sands.

I’ve been singing songs
Made up of thoughts you’ll never know.
Every day it’s more (of) the same,
We still reap all that we’ve sown.

I watch as you carry
These hearts where’er you go.
If love’s a raging war,
How do I soldier on alone?

I’m still singing songs
Made up of words she’ll never hear.
Someday I will stand tall,
And rise up against these fears. 


Stanza 1 is kind of a reflection on how time moves so fast and how sometimes we long for the past, the old days (represented by kings and queens) and how man is truly powerless in the face of God. 
Stanza 2 & 4 are kinda about me and how there are some personal things that I'll probably never share with the people I want to share them with and how my fears and everyone elses influence us greatly.
Stanza 3 is sort of but not really filler. It's kind about a girl I like who is liked by MANY other guys and the last bit is kind of cheesy but it's a variation of a line I wrote a long time ago and I've finally been able to include it in something. Yay!

So there it is, not much at all but I enjoyed writing it out as if I'm some cool lyricist, plus the Sigur Ros soundtrack is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment